4.07.2009

Little plastic castle is a surprise every time.

I need to see my family. I'm glad I'm flying down for Easter this weekend. As aggrivating as it is to drive to San Jose and get on a plane, it is worth it every single time. How I view my interaction with my family is reduced to the little things I took for granted when I was a kid. A cup of tea with my mom, holding my dad's hand during church, making silly notes for my sister to find.
It comes in phases. Some days I am really strong and don't think for a second about cancer. Other days, like today, my dad is the only thing I can think about. I go to class and continue to keep my appointments because I want to keep achieving the things I love, which is what I think he has always wanted me to do. I've been trying to focus my gaze on the celebration of death, the beauty of fulling your time and purpose in life. But some days I can't stop thinking about how I soon won't have my daddy anymore. So I guess this post is to continue my search for a good perspective...

They say goldfish have no memory
I guess their lives are much like mine
And the little plastic castle is a surprise every time



one day at a time, one goal at a time, one moment at a time.

No comments: