9.28.2008

Toys R Us Kid

Yesterday, after being prompted by my boyfriend's purchase of a rather expensive toy helicopter last week, I bought a RC car. It's about 1/10 the scale of a real Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and has tires that make up half the height of the whole vehicle. It's ridiculous, one of the most frivolous purchases I have made in quite some time. It actually ended up being $30 less than listed on the shelf at my local Toys R Us. But I cannot wait to get that thing out in the driveway and jumping over boxes. Like a good female, I read the instructions and it says to charge the battery for a minimum of 8 hours, drain the battery completely and charge again, for another 8 hours. Now, I'm an adult, I am usually reasonably good at waiting patiently for things I want but this is killing me. I have the Jeep, the controller, some boxes to make a jump, and the cat to chase around the house, for the love of wireless toys will you please charge FASTER! I cannot wait to have children and put them through this waiting game. Or better yet, I will be forced to do it for them so they learn that instant gratification is grand. So I'll have to play with my kid's toys. . . for them. . . before they do. . . darn.

No comments: