10.01.2008

flip through the script tell me what it says, skip through the story tell me how it ends

Something about these Unwritten Law lyrics that always stuck with me. To me, it's not a statement about being lazy, it's about knowing what the outcome is going to be. Life makes me a little worried sometimes. I don't know the variables, I don't know if all the work and effort I am putting into one aspect of my life will pay off in the near future, or be useful at all. I have been trying to figure out exactly what I want to do in theatre, what position, what angle, what lifestyle. I'm narrowing it down, slowly, mostly by process of elimination. So I don't need to know the specifics of my life before I play it out. I don't want to read the script just yet but I would love to know how it ends, where I go in the end. Even if it's not the end so as not to spoil it, maybe 2/3 of the way through. Just a checkpoint to make sure I'm generally on track, going the direction I thought I would. Can I get a checkpoint?

No comments: