10.21.2008

Something to be proud of

Why do I have to be so responsible sometimes? One of my professors is taking a small group of students to Las Vegas this weekend for a Lighting Design Convention. It's a once in a lifetime oppertunity on (pretty much) someone else's dime. These luxury's don't come free though. I have assumed responsibility for the other 4 bandits joining me in the adventure. Our professor is flying into Vegas Friday but the rest of us are driving. Which means I had to corridnate the hotel booking, van rental, pick up and drop off of all parties concerned. You'd think it'd be real easy to get 4 college students to Vegas, not when the university is paying for it in the name of 'research'.
I still don't understand how I can map out all of these things involving many people and multiple times and locations several days in advance but I forget to put on deodorant on a regular basis.
Well, time for my first 'offical' production meeting for the big Winter show. Offical only because I actually was included in the emails this time. Gee, thanks. And I'm taking this one for credit, so in theory, I am paying the university to let me work on this show. I don't cost them a dime and they still can't include me on an email.

No comments: