3.20.2009

Diablo

Diablo, my cat died at 4am yesterday.

He was loosing blood at an alarming rate so around midnight the all night Dr called and asked if we would like to go ahead with surgery, just to see what was there. He called after the surgery and reported that Diablo had multiple huge spots on his liver, one of them had ruptured and was causing the bleeding in his stomach. We decided the best thing to do would be to not wake him from the surgery.

Everything happened so fast and I still can't quite process it. The only regret I have is that I wasn't there when he went into surgery. I'm sure he was scared, I was scared. I couldn't stop shivering after talking to the doctor.

We brought him home after going to breakfast and buried him in a sunny spot in the yard not far up the hillside from the house. It give my heart peace to know that he is still around but it hurts more somehow. I feel like he's lost for a few days and he'll be home soon.

Maybe he's not lost. I hope he's in the sun lounging or draping his front legs over the back of a big chair near a fireplace in heaven. I miss you Bubba.


RIP Diablo
October 2003 - March 2009

No comments: