2.05.2009

Thursday morning rain

It's 10 minutes until my dreaded Theory class and I'm sitting alone in the classroom.

It's raining, there was a 32 page reading due... I'm not surprised no one is here, in fact, I will be amazed if anyone at all shows up. Excluding the teacher, of course.

So here's my to do list for the rest of this quarter:
1. Attend the ONE and only production meeting we might be having at 3pm today. The director hates production meetings but the staff is freaking out because they need to have their numbers time and feel like they have made some kind of headway on a faculty directed show.
2. Make my drafting software work. They cancelled my license even though I don't graduate until the spring. I've been playing phone email tag with one of the customer service reps. They're on the East Coast... I got a phone call at 7:45 this morning. Hopefully everything will work out by the end of today. We shall see...
3. Finish my light plot a week ahead of schedule so I can present it to my department head (and chair)'s "baby" lights class. I'm done with the rough plot. I need to finish all the paperwork that goes with it. The chores of being a "Golden Child".
4. Re-send my high school transcripts to UCSC so I can apply to graduate next quarter.
5. Organize our graduation light show. AND find some Juniors to strike all these things because I AM NOT going up to the grid in a dress.
6. Send brown nosing email to panel that interviewed me at Dream School inviting them to see this no-production show opening night.
7. Add a class I forgot to sign up for by petition. This requires like 18 signatures a trip to the Evilness that is the Hahn Student Center and $10 for being a dumb ass.
8. Actually apply myself to my drawing class. I am enjoying what I'm doing but I know I could learn more from it.
9. Talk to theory teacher about midterm ideas. Start said midterm, attempt to turn in draft, fail, submit crappy essay at very last minute.
10. Breath.
11. Order gel for show, heck actually pick the colors and THEN order gel...
12. Thank my assistant for always being around when I need her and even when I don't. It's nice to have some one to bounce ideas off and laugh about mistakes.
13. Does this teacher have a MFA or a PHd? Is that 15 minutes or 20? Damn he just walked in.

And there is now 17 more people in the room. Not bad for 8 minutes after class starts.

No comments: