11.25.2008

Gravedigger

Maybe it's the crappy economy right now
maybe it's the holidays looming around the corner of finals
maybe it's because it's going to rain tonight
maybe it's the lack of money
maybe it's my lack of interest
maybe I really don't want to do theatre anymore...

I've been thinking a lot about what I really want to do with the rest of my life... kind of the point of this blog, actually, and I can't come up with an answer.

I love theatre
I love art
I love to teach
I really like organizing things


but maybe, just maybe, I'm more interested in other parts of my life growing and learning more.

There might not be a season next year for a number of local companies, including my employer from the summer. I'm looking into internships at the production facilities for our equipment. Still applying to Grad School but not sure if I can afford it right away... or ever.

bummed.

3 comments:

Summer said...

does your field offer "grad assistant" positions that would pay for grad school, like mine did?

Far Away From the Maddening Crowd said...

I have struggled so much in my life with the very questions that you are asking. Whether or not I wanted to continue to do theatre is one that has come up several time. I leave it and I come back always hoping to find the golden moment where it lives up to its potential and promise as a collaborative, communal, life changing art form.

Kelly said...

Yes, Summer. It does but for 2/3 of the year I think. The money is more about housing than anything else. lame.
Christopher. I'm glad to have found my soundboard in you. It helps to know you are there with me.